The main purpose of the ACA-accreditation program is to educate camp owners and directors in the administration of key aspects of camp operation, particularly those related to program quality and the health and safety of campers and staff. The standards establish guidelines for needed policies, procedures, and practices. The camp, then, is responsible for ongoing implementation of these policies.
The second purpose of ACA accreditation is to assist the public in selecting camps that meet industry-accepted and government-recognized standards. ACA's Camp Database provides the public with an easy way to search for the ideal ACA-accredited camp.
ACA Accreditation is the best evidence parents have of a camp's commitment to a safe and nurturing environment for their children. ACA Accreditation means that your child's camp cares enough to undergo regular reviews of its operation.
Start your Accreditation process by becoming an ACA Affiliated Camp! Click here for the Camp Membership Application. **
**All Accreditation requests must be received by March 1st in order to guarantee a visit for the upcoming summer.
2015-2016 STANDARDS TRAINING
- Please visit our Registration Page for a list of Standards Courses being held in our area. If you have any questions or are not able to attend one of these dates, please reach out to Quinton or Kyle in our office by calling 212-391-5208.
- 2016 Visitor Preference Survey - This survey let's us know important information about the upcoming visit season.
- Expanded Self-Assessment - The ACA NYNJ Standards Committee requests that visitors reveiw as many documents as possible during the Camp Self Assessment Reveiw. The attached worksheet lists all standards requiring written documentation.
Are you interested in becoming a Standards Visitor? You can learn more here and sign up for an Associate Visitor Course on our Registration Page.
CAMPS BEING VISITED
- All camps being visited in 2016 must fill out the Camp Information Form.
- Step by Step: How to use “My Accreditation”, on-line tool for managing visit paperwork.